We are looking for an experienced, ambitious senior accountant to join our team. As an Accountant who will be responsible for analyzing our past transactions and present valuable information about our company’s performance. In this position, you will also be expected give advice, audit accounts and provide trustworthy information about financial records.
Utilizing hands-on accounting experience and an in-depth understanding of accounting principles and company practices, senior accountants perform complex accounting activities and financial analyses. Their day-to-day responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Analyzing complex financial reports and records
- Making recommendations based on analysis and status of reserves, assets and expenditures
- Reviewing journal entries of junior accountants to ensure accuracy
- Training and mentoring junior staff
- Performing variance analyses and preparing account reconciliations
- Assisting with financial and tax audits
- Documenting and monitoring internal controls in support of auditing team
- Coordinating more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other departments
- This is a “client-facing” role and may require the successful candidate to work on-site with clients as part of project work. As such, the role may require moderate travel during busy periods.
Must demonstrate expert knowledge of accounting principles as well as an ability to grasp company financial policies and protocols. To excel in this position you need to possess these attributes as well:
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Experience with computerized ledger systems
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment
- Consulting or client services experience (or a well developed customer service approach) would be valuable
- Project management experience would be considered an asset
- Bilingual (French and English)
Professional and educational background
- Bachelor’s Degree
- CPA required
- 5+ years of working experience in an accounting position within a fast-paced, fast-evolving, and dynamic environment, preferably working as an accountant. The candidate will preferably have had a mix of experience working in a both public company and private company accounting positions.
- The candidate will also have a proven and successful experience working on financial budgeting and forecasting and have a deep understanding of full life-cycle accounting all the way from the opening of a financial period to its closing.
Please reply with a cover letter along with your CV. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted soon.