Let’s start our European e6 hub tour and take a stop in Denmark. It’s in this small country of +/ – 6 million inhabitants that e6 laid the foundation of what it has become today. There are many places to expand and grow an organization internationally, yet we’re sharing our top reasons why Denmark is the place to have on your radar.
- Denmark is in northern Europe and shares a border with Germany and a bridge connects it with Sweden. It has been a member of the EU since 1973 and has excellent infrastructure, both physical and investment.
- The country is extremely rich – the IMF and the World Bank rank it among the top ten for nominal GDP per capita. Since education is free, the population is highly educated and has one of the highest percentages of workers with higher education worldwide. Multilingualism is a hallmark of working life, with most Danes being fluent in English.
- In addition to being referenced for several years as one of the countries in the world where its inhabitants are the happiest, it is also a nerve center in the biosciences sector. The Novo Nordisk group, for example, is one of the world leaders in the enzyme market. Copenhagen, as well as southwestern Sweden (which is connected by a bridge), is known as Medicon Valley because of the importance of research in the region!
- Denmark has one of the most developed digital ecosystems with a solid IT infrastructure, strong market penetration, well-functioning public-private cooperation and a solid experience in that field.
- The information and communication technology sector are a huge asset for the country. The European Commission recently ranked Denmark as one of the most digitized countries in the EU and is home to many start-ups like Skype, Momondo, Just eat and if you are a wine lover like me, I’m sure you have the must-have app Vivino on your phone!
- Since the 1970s, Denmark has been a pioneer in wind energy. In 2019, 47% of the country’s electricity was generated by wind and this figure is expected to exceed 50% in the coming years. The Copenhagen Council recently announced its intention to become the world’s first carbon-neutral capital by 2025! We will not even talk about the 360 Km of cycle track just in Copenhagen (12000Km in total) ….
If that’s not enough to take a serious look at Denmark and its potential , we’ll let you in on of its best offers…seafood! Like in Atlantic Canada seafood is as important as traditional foods. Herring, cod, plaice, mussels, crab and lobster are a part of Danish cooking!
If you want to treat yourself , book a table at Noma, a two-star Michelin restaurant that has been voted best restaurant in the world four times in the past eight years. This small Nordic country combines the sense of business, the art of living and is environmentally friendly!
Aligning your business with an experienced expansion partner helps you better understand market conditions, cultural nuances, and compliantly break into the country most suited for your goals. e6 a strategic partner of choice for your future expansion!